Have you heard of the analogy of the splinter and plank. To paraphrase it is said. Don’t point out the splinter in my eye when you have a plank in yours. I believe it means dont point out\nrowth. a small problem in someone’s life when you have a big problem in yours. Most of us misunderstand this. We will use it against being criticized or even helped.
We need to use this analogy properly. When you have a splinter in your eye you can see the plank in mine way better than I do. We need to help each other see our own faults better and help each other solve them. When we avoid criticism we avoid growth.
Know how to filter between constructive criticism and destructive criticism. Destructive criticism comes from jealousy. It should mean nothing to you but point out a potential enemy! Constructive criticism helps you build and comes from love.
Self-Hate is the most destructive kind of love. Why do I say it is a destructive kind of love? Because What I have observed is that we are not born to hate anything. We are born to learn but definitely not hate. When I see a baby crying for food or attention. I see an entity learning how to fill its belly or satiate a need. There is no hate there. I have never seen a deer hate someone without having a past with that person. I see self-hate as a love of the past.
The past was good to some but was bad to others. When the ones who were mistreated by the past look back they see themselves being mistreated. They just see it at face value nothing more nothing less. When they want to improve themselves they remember the time they wanted to do something different and failed at it. This stops them from trying again out of fear of ridicule and mistreatment. Why is this such a horrible thing? Because success doesn’t happen at a push of the button. Sometimes, you have to push the button till you don’t have a finger to press it anymore.
Self-Hate will hold you back from building relationships. Building relationships is a lost art form. The love of our past makes us live in the past. When we meet people of a certain color, demeanor, or even height. We can be prone to mistreat them because of our past. Self-hate can make our allies look like our enemies and our enemies look like our friends. We can end up helping our enemy and breaking our friends. The same friends that have been with us through thick and thin, Can look like our enemy from one bad day.
Self-hate makes us be very patient with our enemies but very impatient with our friends. Our enemy can be threatening to kill us but self-hate makes us laugh it off. Our friend could forget us at the store one time and we want to break ties with them forever. Why does self-hate make us love our enemies more? Because self-hate wants us dead.
Self-Hate is happy when you handle your problems passively. Self-hate loves to see you stressing from self-inflicted pain. Self-hate will change your life priorities to where you are paying the bar before you pay your bills. To where you are paying the store before paying the bills. Self-hate loves you being a detriment to yourself.
The solution to Self-Hate is very easy. Self-Hate is caused by unresolved conflict. When we are told to forgive someone it is meant to heal yourself. Your mind can play the rationalization game very well. It can make everything look like the fault of others in an instance. When we can forgive the past and take the effort to build ourselves in many ways. We can learn to move forward and love ourselves. Effort is an amazing game changer. When we get out there and resolve our problems.
Propaganda comes in many forms! Propaganda can be the show you watched where all the rich people have a heart of gold. It could be the show about a leader which only shows one part of their life but leave out all the bad or progressive stuff. I believe many of us have been victims of propaganda. When we mistreat each other because we have been told to think of each other or if you see your friend of a different race as “one of the good ones” You Are A Victim of Propaganda. If you see yourself as “one of the good ones” You Are A Victim of Propaganda. Propaganda is defined as especially bias or misleading information used to promote a cause or point of view. Propaganda can be “your not the solution to your life, We ARE!”. Propaganda is very detrimental to us as human beings and wishes for us to not think critically of it.
In my book Powerfuls I go in depth about thinking critically. Even in school I have had to look outside the class and the text. Question everything given to you it could be a poison hidden in a good meal.
1. Unwarranted nicknames- Nicknames are the best way to make you a pet. Lets make some context. Lets say you have just started a job and you stay to yourself. You do not make work friends or have conversations about non work related things. Then one of your associates wants to name you. This is called name calling. They want to make you a pet. This is something I have personally dealt with. I was renamed hearnsey for 1 year out of my life because I was seen as a pet. I never really spoke to the guy who renamed me but was renamed because he didn’t want to see me as human.
2. Mistreated for no reason- You have not done anything that anyone else hasn’t done but you get mistreated to the highest level. You get called every name. You have many false rumors made about you and get touched by everyone. They feel they are entitled to pet you because you are their pet. They need you to be a punching bag for their plight. You are there to be their play thing.
3. Never properly trained- This goes for anything including School, Life, or Work. These people see you as their problem and never want you to succeed. The best way to keep you as the pet/entertainment is to never properly train you. You are here to make a difference but you have to train yourself.
4. Told jokes in bad taste- This goes with being mistreated. These “jokes” are made to keep you off your game. They will tell you a joke like “What do you call a night in Chicago? Kill a nigga!” Then expect you to laugh about it. When you don’t, you will get touched and told to have a sense of humor. This is how a pet is treated.
5. Never given real solutions- This goes hand in hand with not being properly trained. If you have solutions for small problems,then you can make a solution for them to stop mistreating you. Then you can be human and not a pet.
6.You are told to do the wrong thing then given you all the blame for doing it- You being there is their problem. They will tell you to do the wrong thing then not take the blame for telling you to do it. This will keep you off their scent and make you the problem.
7. You’re given the table scraps- You are given the worst of the benefits. They will give everyone the benefits you are supposed to receive. Then give you the worst of the benefits. Then tell you you are equally at the table. When you are under the table begging.
8.You are to deal with what is normally taken care of by them- When you are mistreated it is natural and natural law to stand up for yourself. The people who see you as a pet see you standing up for yourself as a misbehaving pet. The things they would stand up to. The pet should take.
9.Everyday becomes an interrogation- The pet must be asked every question in the book. They say this is the best way to get to know you. Watch their numbers become very personal. Like your parents jobs or how many kids do you have. These are made to mistreat you in the future.
10. your accomplishments are minimized- You could climb Mount Everest but to them you climbed an anthill. They are your enemy and they never want you to have anything.
11. They want to control you- You are their pet.